Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the basic components of network theory.
- Identify the major network communications methods.
- Identify network data delivery methods.
- List and describe network media and hardware components.
- Identify the major types of network implementations.
- Identify the components of a TCP/IP network implementation.
- List the major services deployed on TCP/IP networks.
- Identify characteristics of a variety of network protocols.
- Identify the components of a LAN implementation.
- Identify the components of a WAN implementation.
- Identify major issues and technologies in network security.
- Identify the components of remote network implementation.
- Identify the primary network operating systems.
- Identify major issues, models, tools, and techniques in network troubleshooting.
CompTIA Network + Course Outline:
- Network basics
- Network concepts
- The OSI model
Wired computer-to-computer connections
- Wired network connections
- Network interface cards and modems